I posted the following on the discussion forum of the Facebook Page of O’Mahony-Donnelly E-business a few days ago. I thought it’s also worth reproducing here.
Here’s a few of my tips on how to get more fans to your Facebook page:
1. The most important. Create fun and interesting content for your fans. This way you will get “likes” and “comments” which will appear on your fans’ status updates and you will get their friends to be aware of your page and some will “fan” you. This way you can build up your fans in a viral manner.
2. Create giveaways and prize draws on your page – again creates interest and engagement and more fans will come your way.
3. Facebook Adverts – occasionally run a Facebook ad which will appear only on your fans profile pages. this will say e.g. Aedan is a fan of PuddleDucks – Click to become a fan. This works really well if you have a giveaway at the top of your fan page. Doesn’t cost too much and is worth it. Don’t run it all the time as it will be seen too much and will become boring. It’s easy to pause and un-pause the ad.
4. Post your most interesting Facebook updates to Twitter (maybe not all of them)
5. Link to your Facebook page from your website homepage
6. Have your Facebook page link on all your email signatures.
On last point, you should not try to get more fans just for the sake of collecting and increasing numbers but you should try to only get fans that will be interested in your product or service. Quality over Quantity!
Here’s our Facebook page.