It’s the time of year to look back at last year and to look forward to the new year. First a look back – 2008 was a very good year and a very busy year for PuddleDucks.
The high points:
- We added loads of new products to the range – we now have over 80 items of waterproof and outdoor clothing for kids and for adults for sale on the site.
- We got great coverage from releasing a Press Release about how well we did during the “typical Irish Summer”. This had a big positive impact on enquiries and on sales. And free too!
- We had items made specifically for us for the first time – the new PuddleDucks fleece, the new School Coat and the large sizes of the High Viz jacket
- We were very busy on the social networking front: We took the big leap into the blogosphere, started our Facebook fan page and joined Twitter. All very positive experiences and very good for the visibility and the engagement with PuddleDucks as a business and us as the people who run it. Through blogging and social networking – I’ve met many great people in the Irish startup and tech scene – open, interesting, enterprising and generous with their time.
- And finally … our sales were well up on the 2007 numbers. September was our best month ever.
Overall a very good year. PuddleDucks is now 4 years old and we have great plans for more busyness in 2009. Coming soon!