I’m always looking for ways to make the PuddleDucks Facebook fan page more interesting and engaging. Adding user polls is one way to achieve this and after doing a bit of research discovered that they are very straightforward to set up. The seven easy steps to do this are outlined below.
Firstly, there are many Facebook Poll Apps available but the one I choose is the PollDaddy Facebook App. The reason I selected PollDaddy was that I had come across their polls many times (by voting in them) and … like us, they’re an Irish based company.
So here’s how you do it:
1. Install the App from this link and add the Application to your Facebook fan page.
2. Now go to your Facebook page and press the “+” button on the tabs to see the application. At this stage there will be no live poll visible but you should still see the “Polls” tab. You can also drag this new tab to position it in the six visible tabs seen at the top of your page (rather than just being in the “+” section).
3. Next, create your first poll by going to the PollDaddy Facebook App page here and clicking on the “Create a New Poll” tab.
4. Now set up details for your Poll Question and Answers. You also set up the visibility of the Poll, either Private (only to your friends) or Public. For your Facebook page poll you should set this to Public.
5. There is also a checkbox asking whether to add the poll to a Facebook page. If you are the admin of a fan page you will see the page listed once you click the checkbox.
6. Click on “Next Step” and hey presto! Your poll is now available on your Facebook page.
7. You can check its status at any time by going to the same PollDaddy Facebook App page and clicking “My Polls”.
Just to try it out I set up a quick Christmas poll on our Facebook page, asking the important question “What’s at the top of your Christmas Tree?”. Both “Star” and “Angel” are running neck and neck at the moment. You can add your vote in the poll by clicking here.